1. Policy Document Related
Reprint charges of `200/- will also be applicable.
2. Free Look Related
The 30 day Free Look period is applicable only for policies purchased through Distance marketing.
*Distance marketing includes every activity of solicitation (including lead generation) and sale of insurance products through the following modes:
i. Voice mode, which includes telephone-calling
ii. Short Messaging Service (SMS)
iii. Electronic mode which includes e-mail, internet and interactive television (DTH)
iv. Physical mode which includes direct postal mail and newspaper & magazine inserts and
v. Solicitation through any means of communication other than in person.
On cancellation of the policy, the premium paid by you will be refunded and transferred to your registered bank account after adjusting for NAV fluctuations (if any) and deduction of stamp duty and any expenses borne by the company for conducting any medical tests.
To cancel your policy during the Free Look period, you will have to visit your nearest ICICI Prudential Life Insurance branch with the following documents:
- Payout request Form – Click here to download the form
- Original Policy Certificate- This is available in the policy document.
- Copy of valid photo id signed by you (Passport, PAN Card, Voter's ID Card, Driving license, Ration card with photo)
- Copy of signed cancelled cheque. Please ensure that the name and account number is printed on the cheque. For repatriation into NRE account, please provide the bank statement which confirms the source of premium from NRE account else ignore.
To locate our nearest branch, please visit www.iciciprulife.com/branchlocator
3. Premium Payment:
I.Online: Click here to pay your premium through credit card, debit card or net banking.
II. Cheque: Click here to locate the various banks/ICICI Pru Life branches where cheque payment is accepted.Click here to locate nearest drop box
III. Cash: Click here to locate the premium collection centers where cash is accepted. Cash beyond `49,999 is accepted at certain locations with PAN Card or Form 60.
Process to revive your life insurance policy if you have not paid your premium for less than 6 months:
- Click here to pay your due premium and revive your policy.
Process to revive your life insurance policy if you have not paid your premium for more than 6 months:
- Pay the due amount and submit a Personal Health Declaration form which can be sent to our officical email id email@example.com or at the nearest ICICI Pru Life branch.
- Click here to Download Personal Health Declaration form for Life policy.
Process to revive Health / Term insurance plan
- If you have not paid premium for more than 3 months for your Health Insurance Plan, you will have to pay the due premium amount and submit a Personal Health Declaration form at the nearest ICICI Pru Life branch.
- Click Here to Download Personal Health Declaration form for Health policy.
The policy holder has a grace period for premium payment, which is 15 days from the due date for monthly premium payment frequency and 30 days from the due date for half yearly and yearly premium payment frequency.
If the due premiums are not paid even after completion of 45 days of the grace period then the policy acquires a “discontinued” status, the policy benefits cease and the amount accumulated in the policy would move to the discontinued fund. This amount would be locked in till completion of the lock in period (five years from the date of policy issuance). Please note, policy discontinued is applicable for policies issued after Sep 1, 2010.
The policy holder loses out on all the benefits of the plan. After discontinuance of the policy it cannot be withdrawn. The policy holder would receive the invested amount only on completion of the lock-in period (five years from the date of policy issuance).
Disclaimer: The FAQs are prepared for general information purposes only. You should not act on this information without first seeking independent legal and other professional advice. The information shared does not constitute legal advice or opinions of any kind, or any advertising or solicitation. Your use of any of this information is at your own risk. ICICI Prudential Life insurance Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (and any of their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, suppliers and employees) shall not be liable for any damages, losses or causes of action of any nature arising from use of any information shared.