- Affordable life cover for your wife
- Claim settled in 1.4 days
5% discount‘ on buying online
Steps to buy
Quick Guide to your plan
Term Plan Calculator
Quick Guide to your plan
If you have children or dependent adult family members and are responsible for paying for their needs and upkeep then you must buy a term plan
The premium for term insurance increases with age. So it makes smart sense for young professionals without financial liabilities to buy term plan early � this way they get lower premium rates and the rates will not increase over time
Newly married couples
A term plan can help you create a financial safety net for your growing family so that their dreams are never compromised, even when you are not around
Home loan repayment
In case of an unfortunate incident, the responsibility of paying the outstanding loans should not fall on your loved ones. In case of your unfortunate demise, the death benefit payout from the term plan can be used by your family to repay your loans
If budget is a problem, you can go for a monthly premium payment option over a yearly commitment. However, it is important to have a sufficient term insurance cover so that your family's financial security is not compromised. A term insurance premium calculator will help you in choosing the term insurance cover well suited to your budget
- Lump sum - The entire life cover is payable as a lump sum (single payment)
- Regular income - 10% of the life cover is payable every year for 10 years. This is paid in equal monthly installments
- Increasing Income - The life cover is payable in monthly installments for 10 years starting with 10% of the life cover in the first year. The income amount will increased by 10% per annum thereafter
- Lump sum + Income - You have the flexibility to split the life cover amount that you want your nominee into two parts � one part of the life cover as a lump sum and the remaining life cover will be paid in equal monthly payments for 10 years
- Flexibility to customise - The term insurance calculator gives you the flexibility to design your term plan as per your needs. You can pick and choose your own life cover amount, choose to strengthen your coverage by adding riders, choose the premium payment term and payout method as per your financial plan.
- Efficient - The term insurance premium calculator can generate a customised quote for you within 2 minutes And all of this is free of charge
- Enter your name, email address, and phone number
- Enter your date of birth and gender
- Enter your annual income
- Mention lifestyle habits like smoking, consuming tobacco or alcohol (if any)
- Enter policy related details like the life cover amount, policy tenure, premium payment method, frequency of premium payment (monthly, half-yearly, annual, etc.)
- Choose riders like the terminal illness benefit, the critical illness benefit, the permanent disability benefit, or the accidental death benefit. Riders are optional, but you can add them if you want additional protection
Claim Settlement Process
Why choose ICICI Prudential Life?
on March 31, 2022
March 31, 2022
management as on
March 31, 2022
(free look) the policy and
get your money back
Frequently Asked Questions
- Not enough cover � The cover provided by company's life insurance policy (generally ₹10-15 lakh) may not always be sufficient to sustain your family in case something happens to you.
- Will lose coverage if you change your job � This coverage is dependent on your job. If you leave the job, the insurance cover ends then and there, till you join a new job. The period between the end of the old job and the start of the new one would be without cover.
- Standard policy for all employees, not customized to your needs � The life insurance policies provided by your employer are standardized policies which are not customized according to your specific needs and don't generally contain any provisions for critical illness, terminal illness and disabilities.
- Brand: Choose a well-known brand that is financially strong and sure to be around for a long time. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance is an old and trusted private sector life insurance company in the country with an Assets Under Management value of ₹2.40 tn18 (as on Mar 31, 2022).
- Claim settlement: Select an insurance company with a consistently high claim settlement ratio and an easy and hassle free claim settlement process. With ICICI Prudential's term plan, you can get your claim settled within 1.4 days . The company has a claim settlement ratio of 97.9% (FY 2020-21) ~ and has paid ₹2.04 tn ` in claims (since inception up to Mar 31, 2022) You can check our last 5 years� claim settlement ratio here .
- Additional benefits: Look for additional benefits such as critical illness coverage and accidental death coverage. ICICI Prudential Life term plan provides the option to get health coverage for 34 critical illnesses## up to ₹1 crore and accidental death coverage9 up to ₹2 crore.
- Ease and convenience - You can complete your purchase in just a few minutes anytime anywhere. The plans can be accessed via mobile internet too.
- Better control � Buying a term plan online lets you customize it according to your exact needs instead of relying on someone else to do so.
- Complete transparency � As there are no intermediaries involved and you buy directly from the insurance company, the entire process is transparent and you are not set up for any unpleasant surprises later on.
- Full security � Your personal and health information is private and secure.
- Online discount � ICICI Prudential provides 5% discount‘ when you purchase our term plan online (If you are an ICICI group employee, you get 10% discount throughout the policy term, even if you leave the organization after purchase of the policy).
- Terminal Illness Benefit: You receive 100% claim payout in case you contract a terminal illness 3
- Permanent Disability Benefit: All your future premiums are waived off while your policy continues if you get a permanent disability 5
- Critical Illness Cover: This is an optional benefit the customer can purchase wherein he/she receives a pre-determined claim amount in case of diagnosis of any of 34 specified critical illnesses ##. No bills or proof of expenditure is required. There is also no restriction of network hospitals. You can use the claim amount to get a treatment of your choice or however else you deem fit. This benefit is accelerated and not additional, which means the policy will continue with the Death Benefit reduced by the extent of the critical illness benefit paid.
- Accidental Death Cover 9: This is another optional benefit wherein an additional cover is payable in case of death due to accident. The maximum cover that can be availed is ₹2 crore.
- Lump sum � entire claim amount is paid out at once
- Monthly income �life cover payout in made in equal monthly instalments
- Increasing income � life cover payout in monthly instalments that increase by 10% every year
- Lump sum + Income � one large payout at once and remaining in monthly instalments
- Our term insurance premium calculator allows you to check premiums for each of these payout options and you can choose whichever is the best suited for you.
- Personal Information: Here, you need to enter your full name, marital status, highest education level, occupation, PAN number, and your communication address. In case you are salaried, you will be required to give details of the organization you work for � the name and type of organization. In addition to this, you will also be asked to enter details of your nominee � their full name, gender, date of birth and relationship with life assured. You will be required to declare any other life insurance policies you might have.
- Health Details: Here, you need to enter your height, weight and details of pre-existing health conditions, if any. Fill in this page very carefully and to the best of your knowledge to prevent rejection of claim due to incorrect information later.
- Documents Upload: You can choose to upload documents now for faster issuance or proceed to payment directly and upload the documents later. Documents needed are your photograph, PAN card, Address Proof (Aadhar card/Passport/Driving License/Voter's ID) and Income Proof (last 3 months� salary slips/ last 3 years� ITR/ last 6 months� bank statement/ Form 16). Accept the declaration that all the information submitted by you is correct and move to the payments page.
- i. One recent photograph
- ii. PAN card (mandatory)
- iii. Income proof (last 3 months� salary slip/ last 3 years� ITR/ Form-16/ last 6 months� bank statement)
- iv. Official ID proof (passport/driving license/voter's ID/Aadhar card)
- - Claimant Statement Form (Death claims / Health claims )
- - Death Certificate (for Death Claims)
- - Medical/Hospitalization Documents
- - Claimant's current address proof, photo identity proof and cancelled cheque / Copy of bank passbook (for Death Claims)
1The premium of ₹372 p.m. has been calculated for a 19 year old healthy male for a life cover of ₹50 lakh for the Life Option under the regular income payout option for a policy term of 25 years is ₹4345 p.a.(inclusive of all taxes)
3A Life Assured shall be regarded as Terminally Ill only if that Life Assured is diagnosed as suffering from a condition which, in the opinion of two independent medical practitioner’s specializing in treatment of such illness, is highly likely to lead to death within 6 months. The terminal illness must be diagnosed and confirmed by medical practitioner’s registered with the Indian Medical Association and approved by the Company. The Company reserves the right for independent assessment.
5In case of permanent disability due to an accident, all future premiums are waived off and the life cover continues for the remaining policy duration. This benefit comes in-built in your term insurance policy without any extra cost to you. To know more about definitions, terms & conditions applicable for permanent disability due to accident, kindly refer sales brochure of ICICI Pru iProtect Smart.
6Policy issuance is also subject to individual case eligibility criteria.
7Savings in yearly mode of premium payment are in the form of Modal Loadings. For monthly and Half-yearly mode of premium payment, modal loadings are 2.5% and 1.25% respectively.
8Our Life insurance policies cover COVID-19 claims under life insurance claims, subject to applicable terms and conditions of policy contract and extant regulatory framework. COVID-19 is not included in Critical Illness benefit covered under IProtect Smart.
9Accidental Death benefit (ADB) is up to ₹2 crores(Subjected to underwriting guidelines). ADB is available in Life Plus and All in One options. In case of death due to an accident Accidental Death Benefit will be paid out in addition to Death Benefit. Accidental Death Benefit will be equal to the policy term or (80-Age at entry), whichever is lower.
11The premium for a 20 year old non-smoker healthy male with a life cover of ₹2 crore under the Life Option with income payout option for a policy term of 19 years under Regular Pay is ₹880 pm (inclusive of all taxes).
12Additional premium will be calculated based on the increased Sum Assured and outstanding policy term as per your age at the time of each such increase.
13The premium of ₹407 p.m. has been approximately calculated for an 25-year-old healthy male life with the monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 32 years with income payout option with Life Cover of ₹51 lakh. . Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates will be charged extra.
>Average turnaround time for non-investigated claims from receipt of last requirement. Source: https://www.iciciprulife.com/content/dam/icicipru/about-us/FinancialInformation/AnnualReports/FY2021-AnnualReport.pdf
14The premium savings of Rs 7,38,660 has been calculated by taking a difference in the total premiums to be paid by a 35 year old healthy male life if he chooses 5 years Limited Pay option versus if he chooses regular pay option, for a policy term of 50 years with income payout option with Life Cover of Rs 1 crore in both the scenarios. The monthly premium for 5 years for limited Pay option will be Rs 8,809. The monthly premium for regular Pay option will be Rs 2,112.The premium amounts are inclusive of taxes.
††The percentage has been calculated by comparing the premium for a 34 year old healthy male and 34 year old healthy female, for a life cover of Rs. 1 crore & an accelerated critical illness benefit of Rs. 10 lakh for a policy term of 26 years for a lumpsum payout option for a regular premium pay mode. The premium (inclusive of taxes) for this case for the male is Rs. 20946 per annum and for a female is Rs. 17096 per annum
K1You can choose to increase the Death Benefit at the key milestones of marriage and child birth/ adoption of child, provided no claim has been admitted for any benefits under the policy and the policy is in force.
On exercising the option, You will have to pay an additional premium for the additional Sum Assured for the outstanding term of the policy based on your then age. This feature is available only with Regular premium payment option. Such increase in sum assured is only applicable to base death benefit. The ACI Benefit and AD Benefit will remain unchanged.
|Event||Additional Death Benefit (percentage of original Sum Assured)||Subject to maximum additional Death Benefit|
|Birth / Legal adoption of 1st child||25%||Rs. 25,00,000|
|Birth / Legal adoption of 2nd child||25%||Rs. 25,00,000|
=The premium for a 20 year old non-smoker healthy male with a life cover of ₹2 crore under the Life Option with income payout option for a policy term of 19 years under Regular Pay is ₹880 pm (inclusive of all taxes).
15Documents may be required based on assessment of case.
18Data regarding AUM is as per Annual Report 2021-2022. Please refer to the same for further details
20 To read the full article, click Source: https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/money-and-banking/term-insurance-premium-set-to-rise-as-reinsurers-tighten-norms-due-to-pandemic/article36790831.ece
2a The premium of ₹540 p.m. has been approximately calculated for a 18 year old healthy male life with monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 36 years with income payout option with Life Cover of ₹1 crore. Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates will be charged extra.
4a The premium of ₹632 p.m. has been approximately calculated for a 18 year old healthy male for a life cover of ₹1 crore and an accelerated critical illness cover of ₹10 lakh under the Life & Health Option for a regular income payout option for a policy term of 31 years is ₹7,396 p.a. (exclusive of all taxes). Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates will be charged extra.
5aThe above monthly premium of ₹479 is for a 25 year old healthy, non-smoker male paying premiums regularly for a policy term of 23 years and life cover of ₹50 lakhs with death benefit payout option as lump sum. The above premium is online and inclusive of taxes.
8a The monthly premium of Rs.311 is for a 18 year old healthy non-smoker male, paying premiums regularly for 20 years for a life cover of ₹50 Lakh and death benefit payout option as income. The premiums are exclusive of taxes.
9aThe above monthly premium is for a 18 year old healthy non-smoker male, paying premiums regularly for 19 years for a life cover of ₹1 crore and death benefit payout option as income. The premiums are exclusive of taxes
4zThe monthly premium of Rs.364 is for a 18 year old healthy non-smoker male, paying premiums regularly for 20 years for a life cover of ₹50 Lakh and death benefit payout option as lump sum. The premiums are exclusive of taxes.
# Subject to realization of payment and documents. Policy can be purchased in 3 steps: 1. Generating premium quote 2. Filling basic details and answering health related questions 3. Premium payment.
^Tax benefits of ₹54,600(₹46,800 u/s 80C & ₹7,800 u/s 80D) is calculated at highest tax slab rate of 31.20%(including cess excluding surcharge as per old tax regime)on life insurance premium u/s 80C of ₹1,50,000 and health premium u/s 80D of ₹25,000. Tax benefits subject to conditions under Section 80C, 80D,10(10D), 115BAC and other provisions of the Income Tax Act,1961. Good and Service tax and Cesses, if any will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above.
~Claim statistics are for Financial Year FY2020-21 and is computed on individual basis claims settled over total individual claims for the financial year. For details, refer to Public Disclosures in our website.
`As per Financial Statements (Schedule 4- Benefits paid (Gross))of the company, benefits paid since inception up to March 31, 2022.
¶Calculation of 85 years is based on the existing life years , that is, 85 years of age minus your current age. There are also other option for payment that is 7 pay, 10 pay, RP, 60 year-Age and PT – 5 year . For more details please refer product brochure.
‘5% discount on premium is applicable only for Regular and Limited pay policies. In case of Single Pay, discount applicable is 2% of Single Premium.
+The premium per month has been calculated for a healthy non-smoker male for a life cover of ₹1 crore and for a policy term of 30 years with regular pay option, 'life' option and regular income payout option. Premium amount will differ according to the age and benefit option chosen.
☩The premium of ₹868 p.m. has been approximately calculated for a 25 year old healthy non-smoker male life with monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 37 years with income payout option with Life Cover of ₹1 crore. Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates is included.
\Nothing here in contained shall operate to destroy or impede the right of any creditor to be paid out of the proceeds of any policy of assurance, which may have been effected with intent to defraud creditors. In case of any third party claim in the Courts of India with regards the insurance proceeds, the amount shall be subject to the judiciary directions. Please seek professional legal advice for the applicability of this provision.
!!The annual offline premium for a 41 year old for a life cover for ₹1 cr with a policy term of 30 years, regular pay with lump-sum payout mode is. ₹30,733. The annual online premium for a 41 year old for a life cover for ₹1 cr with a policy term of 30 years, regular pay with lump-sum payout mode is. ₹29,197. Both premiums are inclusive of taxes. The difference in total premium paid over the policy term in both the scenarios will be ₹46,080
₸ 31,869,345 lives covered across our individuals and group customers as per ICICI Prudential Q4 FY20 Report (L25 I and L25 ii). Please refer to Public Disclosure section on ICICI Prudential website for more details.
% 58.1 mn lives covered across our individuals and group customers as per ICICI Prudential Annual Report 2021-22. Please refer to Public Disclosure section on ICICI Prudential website for more details.
$$As per Internal Data of policies sold for Product: ICICI Pru iProtect Smart from Apr’21-Mar’22 in the BOL Channel.
==For IPS POS there is waiting period of 60 days for death benefit.
++The premium of ₹655 p.m. has been approximately calculated for a 23 year old healthy male for a life cover of ₹1.5 crore, Life Option, under the regular income payout option for a policy term of 24 years is ₹7,669 p.a. (exclusive of all taxes). Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates will be charged extra.
+++Based on number of policies sold online between April 2021- March 2022, 35% of our online customers purchase the optional critical illness benefit rider with their policy.
##Accelerated Critical Illness benefit(ACI benefit) is upto 1 crore (Subjected to underwriting guidelines).Accelerated Critical Illness Benefit (ACI Benefit) is optional and available under Life & Health and All in One options. This benefit is payable, on first occurrence of any of the 34 illnesses covered. Medical documents confirming diagnosis of critical illness needs to be submitted. The benefit is payable only on the fulfillment of the definition of the diagnosed critical illness. The ACI Benefit, is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means the policy will continue with the Death Benefit reduced by the extent of the ACI Benefit paid. The future premiums payable under the policy will reduce proportionately. If ACI Benefit paid is equal to the Death Benefit, the policy will terminate on payment of the ACI Benefit. To know more in about ACI Benefit, terms & conditions governing it, kindly refer to sales brochure. ACI Benefit term would be equal to policy term or 30 years or (75-Age at entry), whichever is lower.
**The percentage saving computed is purely in terms of premium paid over the term (Difference between 5 years Limited and Regular pay) of the policy and does not account for time & other factors that may happen during this period. It is one of the many features that the product offers and you can opt for it based on your individual needs. The percentage saving is for ₹1 crore life cover for a 26 year old healthy Male for a policy term of 58 years with lump sum payout option. The annual premium for 5 years Limited Pay option will be ₹85,762 & the monthly premium will be ₹7,324. The premium amounts are inclusive of taxes.
/Tax benefit of ₹ 54,600 (₹ 46,800 u/s 80C & ₹ 7,800 u/s 80D) is calculated at highest tax slab rate of 31.2% (including Cess excluding surcharge) on life insurance premium u/s 80C of ₹ 1,50,000 and health premium u/s 80D of ₹ 25,000. Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80C, 80D, 10(10D), 115BAC and other provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods and Services Tax and Cesses, if any, will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for more details.
[?The premium of ₹1190 p.m. has been approximately calculated for a 35 year old healthy male life with monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 25 years with income payout option with Life Cover of ₹1 crore. Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates is included.
?/The above calculations are made for 25,35 & 45 year old healthy male who has opted for Regular Pay premium payment option with a policy term till 60 years of age under Life option with a life cover of Rs 1 crore with Income payout option. The above premiums are calculated for a month & are inclusive of taxes.
?}The above calculations are for a 35 year old healthy male who has opted for Regular Pay premium payment option with a policy term of 25 years under Life option with a life cover of Rs 1 crore with Income payout option. The above premiums are calculated for a month & are inclusive of taxes.
!aLife Cover is the benefit payable on death of the life assured during the policy term.
¶¶Calculation of 85 years is based on the existing life years, that is, 85 years of age minus your current age. There are also other options for payment that is Single pay, 5 pay, 7 pay, RP, 60 Year-Age and PT – 5 years. For more details, please refer product brochure.
1bThe monthly premium of Rs.485 is for a 18 year old healthy non-smoker male, paying premiums regularly for 19 years for a life cover of ₹1 crore and death benefit payout option as income. The premiums is exclusive of taxes.
~‘Increasing income’ is one of the four death benefit payout options available under ICICI Pru iProtect Smart. Under this option, the benefit amount is payable in monthly instalments for 10 years starting with 10% of the benefit amount per annum in the first year. The income amount will increase by 10% per annum simple interest every year thereafter. At any time, your beneficiary will have the option to convert all or some of his monthly income into a lump sum. The lump sum amount will be the present value calculated at a discount rate of 4% p.a. The premium for your policy will vary based on the Death Benefit payout option chosen.
!The premium of Rs. 1,023 p.m. has been calculated for a 18 year old healthy male life with monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 18 years with income payout option with Life Cover of Rs 1 crore, critical illness cover of 20 lakh and accidental death benefit cover of 50 lakh. The premium amounts are inclusive of taxes.
//As per Internal Data of policies sold for Product: ICICI Pru iProtect Smart from Apr’21-Dec’21 in the BOL Channel
///As per Internal Data of policies sold for Product: ICICI Pru iProtect Smart from July’21-Dec’21 in the BOL Channel
^^As per internal data of users who have visited iciciprulife.com in the month of November, 2019 and checked their premium for term insurance product,iProtect Smart.
^*The premium for a 30 year old non-smoker healthy male with a life cover of ₹3 crore under the ICICI Pru iProtect Smart – Life Option with income payout option for a policy term of 30 years under Regular Pay is ₹1970 pm (inclusive of all taxes).
)(The above premium for Accidental Death Benefit is for a 20 year old non-smoker healthy male who has taken a life cover of ₹2 crore and an Accidental Death Benefit cover of ₹50 lakh under the Life Plus benefit option of iProtect Smart, paying premiums regularly for a policy term of 19 years with death benefit payout option as income. The total policy premium (Life cover + Accidental Death Benefit cover) for the same scenario will be ₹1,167 pm (online premium and inclusive of all taxes).
>>The premium for a term plan is dependent on factors like age, gender, Sum Assured. Policy Term etc. Keeping all other factors constant, the premium for younger ages is lower than that of higher ages.
*^Source: Company BuyOnline Data-Apr 2021 till date
☩☩Under the increasing monthly income plan, the benefit amount is payable in monthly instalments for 10 years starting with 10% of the benefit amount per annum in the first year. The income amount will increase by 10% per annum simple interest every year thereafter. This payout option gives 45% more life cover. For example, if your life cover is ₹1 Crore, then your family will receive ₹10 lakh in the first year, ₹11 lakh in the second year, ₹12 lakh in the third year and so on for 10 years. This way, at the end of the 10th year, the total life cover received will be ₹1.45 crore. This option is useful if you would like to account for inflation and the rising cost of living.
ICICI Pru iProtect Smart UIN 105N151V06. W/II/1027/2022-23
Comp code - COMP/DOC/Apr/2022/84/0030
Comp code (negative pincode) - COMP/DOC/Dec/2021/112/7011.
Comp code (Did you know?) - COMP/DOC/Feb/2022/42/7340.
Comp code (Did you know?) - COMP/DOC/Feb/2022/102/7387.
Comp code (Medical Checkup) - COMP/DOC/Jun/2022/286/0671.
Comp code - COMP/DOC/Sep/2022/59/1069.
Comp code - COMP/DOC/Sep/2022/219/1161.
Comp code (Employee discount) - COMP/DOC/Feb/2022/282/7498.
© ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. Registered with Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India (IRDAI) as Life Insurance Company. Regn. No. 105. CIN: L66010MH2000PLC127837. Reg. Off.: ICICI PruLife Towers, 1089 Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025. Tel.: 40391600. Customer helpline number – 1860 266 7766. Timings – 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Monday to Saturday (except national holidays). Member of the Life Insurance Council. For more details on the risk factors, term and conditions please read the product brochure carefully before concluding the sale. Trade Logo displayed above belongs to ICICI Bank Ltd & Prudential IP services Ltd and used by ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd under license.
BEWARE OF SUSPICIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge apolice complaint.