Process to become an Advisor
- The Insurance Act, 1938 provides for Insurance advisor to possess a license issued by IRDA.
- The necessary qualifications for advisor licensing are as follows:
- You are atleast 18 years of age.
- Have passed atleast the 12th standard or equivalent examination, if you are to be appointed in a place with a population of 5000 or more, or 10th standard or equivalent otherwise.
- Once you file the application for becoming an advisor you need to undergo 50 hours mandatory IRDA training program and have to appear for pre-recruitment test conducted by IRDA authorized examination body.
- You need to undergo mandatory induction program after passing the Pre-recruitment exam.