"ICICI Prudential" or "Us" or “us” or "We"- refers to ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited.
"Personal Information" means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
"Sensitive Personal Data or Information" of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to—
- Financial information such as bank account, credit card, debit card or other payment instrument details
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition
- Sexual orientation
- Medical records and history
- Biometric information
- Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to ICICI Prudential for providing service and
- Any of the information received under above clauses to ICICI Prudential for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information.
"You” or “you” or "Your" or “your” or "User(s) " refers to the person accessing the Website in any capacity.
Collection of Information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and have taken reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of the information you have provided us and its transmission through the World Wide Web.
In the process of you using this Website or availing of the existing or future services or facility provided by the Website, you may be required to furnish information, including but not limited to Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information. You are urged to keep the information current to ensure that the services and facility remain relevant and reach you.
We may collect Personal Information such as Name, Phone Number, Address, Email ID, Age, etc. for provision of services.
We may also collect Sensitive Personal Information such as KYC Details (for financial due diligence and policy servicing), Credit Score (for financial underwriting), Video/Voice recording (for verification/authentication process), Health information (for medical underwriting), Aadhaar Number and Related Information (for provision of services). Please note that this is an indicative list.
The information collected by us in one or more ways are mentioned below:
- Information you provide us - while using the Website and/or while availing the products and some of the services made available on the Website
- Information we get from your usage of website
- Information we may get from our affiliates or third parties - These could be from your employers, hospitals, medical practitioners, commercially available sources such as public databases, data aggregators, social media, etc
Usage of Information
By using this Website or our services, you authorize us to use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide You with insurance products that you may purchase from ICICI Prudential
- To provide any services that you may avail from ICICI Prudential
- To contact you over the telephone/ mobile number and/or e-mail address provided by you for sending information of our products in which you have shown your interest, policy renewal reminders, other service details and other general information about insurance
- To improve our products and enhance customer service
- To extend services or administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site or business feature
- For Aadhaar authentication and sharing, storing, using Aadhaar data
- For sales and marketing Activities
- Allow you to access specific account information
- To process transactions, where requested, under your User ID and Password
- We may use the information provided by you to customize your visit to the Website by displaying appropriate content at our judgment and discretion
- Send you information about us and / or our products and services, that is to contact you when required and/or
- ICICI Prudential's Affiliates may from time to time send by e-mail or otherwise, information relating to their products and services
- To improve our Website
- To conduct statistical analysis
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection
By providing your contact information you have consented to be contacted by us on the said contact Information even if the said contact information is registered under the National Do Not Call ("NDNC") Registry, on your own volition and free will.
Sharing of Information
We undertake not to disclose, except as otherwise provided, the Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information provided by you to any person, unless such action is necessary in the following cases:
- To meet requirements of any applicable law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or customary practice directly or through our affiliates / banks / financial institutions / credit bureaus / agencies. Protect and defend ICICI Prudential's or its Affiliates' rights, interests or property. The Company has defined responsibilities and processes to evaluate and respond to law enforcement or Government data requests. The submission is done in accordance with applicable rules and regulations
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the products or services or Terms and Conditions
- Act to protect the interests of ICICI Prudential, its Affiliates, or its members, constituents or of other persons
- For statistical analysis and verification or risk management
- To enforce applicable terms and conditions, including investigation of potential violations
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, analyse and manage other commercial risks
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ICICI Prudential, its customer or the public as required or permitted by law
- To partners including but not limited to credit information companies, for the purpose of underwriting or any other financial product transaction/related transaction
- To Third party service providers such as data cloud storage providers, call centres, payment gateways, banks to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting data, delivering e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and providing customer service. The third party service providers are required to use appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information
- To outsource non-core activities in accordance with IRDAI regulations;
- To reinsurers who may have offices located outside India;
- To provide You information on products and services offered by our subsidiary companies on pension products or pension schemes administered under PFRDA
We may also use your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information to provide you with information on products and services offered by our affiliates that are interested in serving you or any of your subscribed services and any service-related activities such as collecting subscription fees from you for those services, and notifying or contacting you regarding such services. In this regard, it may be necessary to disclose your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information to one or more Advisors, Affiliates and contractors of ICICI Prudential and their sub-contractors, but such Advisors, contractors, and sub-contractors will be required to agree to use the information obtained from us only for these purposes. You may inform us at any time not to share your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information with third parties by writing to us at - ICICI Pru Life Towers, 1089 Appasaheb Marathe Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai- 400025.
You may use any information provided in the website for your personal use. You shall not disclose to any person, in any manner whatsoever, any information relating to ICICI Prudential or its Affiliates of a confidential nature obtained in the course of availing the Facility or use of Website. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a material breach of the terms herein and shall entitle ICICI Prudential or its Affiliates to terminate the services or Facility. We will be entitled to any direct or indirect damages that may arise out of the disclosure of such confidential information by you/ your /use of this Website.
By sharing your Aadhaar number, you hereby consent to our collection, use and storage of your Aadhaar number, Virtual ID, e-Aadhaar, XML, Masked Aadhaar, Aadhaar details, demographic information, identity information, Aadhaar registered mobile number, Aadhaar registered address, date of birth, face authentication details and/or biometric information as per applicable laws/regulations (collectively, “Aadhaar Information”) for the following purposes:
- KYC and periodic KYC process and for establishing your identity, carrying out your identification, other authentication/verification/identification as may be permitted as per applicable law and for the provision of insurance services;
- Collecting, sharing, storing, preserving Aadhaar Information, maintaining records and using the Aadhaar Information and authentication/verification/identification records for the informed purposes above as well as for regulatory and legal reporting and filings and/or where required under applicable law;
- Producing records and logs of the consent, Aaadhar Information or of authentication, identification, verification etc. for evidentiary purposes including before a court of law, any authority or in arbitration
Aadhaar numbers so collected shall be kept protected in an encrypted form in Aadhaar Vault and as required by applicable regulations;
You have been informed that submission of Aadhaar is not mandatory and there are alternative options for KYC and establishing identity;
Your Aadhaar Information shall only be disclosed as required for the informed purposes above and in accordance with applicable laws.
Storage and retention of Information
We may retain your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information for long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected or for such a time as required to comply with regulations and applicable law.
ICICI Prudential retains the right to communicate with you (via e-mail, postal service / courier or mobile messaging services / display banners on the internet and/or in third party websites) either directly or through third party vendors, when operational or regulatory requirements require us to do so. You shall have the option to unsubscribe to receive such email communication.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the Website and our User’s information from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information, which include.
- Providing role based access to Users who need to login to our Website information systems, data processing systems, secure data vaults, etc
- Permit access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations
- Periodically review our information collection, processing, and storage practices, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- Aadhaar number and any connected aadhaar data is stored on separate ‘data vault’ infrastructure, as per the UIDAI regulations
- Encrypt many of our internet based services using SSL certificates
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of our website and data processing systems periodically
Information, content and materials provided on this Website are on an “As Is” basis and ICICI Prudential does not make any express or implied representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the same.
Call us at 1860 266 7766 (local charges apply)
You can also write us, click here
* Updated on 23 December 2020