Need for health insurance
- You don't have enough savings to pay for healthcare - Getting treated at a top healthcare facility is costly. People find it challenging to manage their finances when a family member gets diagnosed with a dreaded illness. Nearly 44% of India's population is not covered by health insurance`. In such situations, people dip into their savings or take loans or sell assets to fund treatments. However, the smart thing to do, is to take a health insurance plan- this will help you to secure your finances and health at the same time
- Healthcare costs are rising fast - The rate at which medical costs are rising makes it necessary to invest in health insurance plan. Medical trend rate, i.e. the increase in per-person cost due to medical inflation is on the rise. In India itself, this rate is expected to rise at double the inflation rate. The forecasted medical trend rate will be 10% in India, while inflation will be at 5%~. Cancer and diseases of the circulatory system remain the top two highest claims reported by most insurers, followed by gastrointestinal diseases and respiratory conditions. With a fixed benefit health insurance cover, you can effectively fight critical illnesses like cancer and conditions related to the heart
- Medical expenses are not just limited hospital costs - Hospital treatment costs are not just limited to surgery. Medical check-ups, doctor fees, and medicines could probably cost you more than the actual hospitalisation expenses. Additionally, there are post-operative care such as having a medical attendant at home, conducting diagnostic tests, etc which also cost a lot. Add up all, to understand why medical treatment seems so expensive. Health insurance plans offer coverage for several types of ailments and surgeries. They also cover other aspects of medical treatment. Fixed benefit health insurance plans give the money without asking for a detailed description of all the aspects of treatment costs. It is paid upfront to the policyholder on the submission of the first diagnosis report
Benefits of health insurance
- Money given upfront without producing medical bills - Fixed benefit health insurance plans pay the entire amount on diagnosis of the disease. Yes, there is no need to show actual proof of hospitalisation and treatment, like hospital bills or treatment bills. Such health insurance policies offer full coverage for both, before and after hospitalisation expenses. There are no pre-specified durations/limits.Thus, if the policyholder is diagnosed with an ailment that is covered under the policy, the insurer will pay the money to the policyholder without asking any further questions
- Treatment at a facility of your choice - With proper health insurance, you can get treated anywhere in India and the world. If you have the right amount of health cover, you do not need to compromise with treatment. In a fixed benefit health insurance plan such as ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect, you get a lump sum payout upon diagnosis, which removes the hassle of getting admitted to a network hospital for cashless treatment. With the health insurance claim money, you can opt for treatment anywhere in the world as per your own wish and convenience
- High cover at low cost - Fixed benefit health insurance plans give high coverage amount for a comparatively lower premium. This saves you money and also allows you to remain worry-free even if diagnosed with a severe ailment. ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect provides you with a cover of ₹ 20 lakh at ₹ 387 per month for a 35-year-old healthy male for a policy term of 20 years and inclusive of tax. What's more, in case of minor claim or on the diagnosis of permanent disability due to accident, the premium is waived completely
- Automatic increase in the sum assured amount - Health insurance is not just a cost-effective way to manage medical treatment. It also gives you bigger coverage with every year you do not claim. ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect provides a 10% increase in sum assured if it is a no-claim policy year. This means if there is a year where there is no claim, your premium money is not wasted. The premium paid in a no-claim year gets you wider coverage
- Fixed premium cost - Health insurance plans offer fixed benefits at a fixed premium. The premium amount in such special plans remains fixed for the entire duration of the policy. This means that your household budget is not put under any strain due to rising health insurance costs. Some plans even offer a discount on the first-year premium if you and your spouse are covered
- Tax benefits* - Fixed benefit health insurance plans offer tax benefits. If you pay the premium, you can avail deduction up to ₹ 25,000 from your taxable income on the health insurance premiums paid. This amount of benefit is available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act if your age is less than 60 years. If you and your family members are all more than 60 years old, the maximum deduction available is ₹ 50,000. The same benefit is applicable for premiums that you pay for your parents
Health insurance plan by ICICI Prulife
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect
People like you also read...
1The above mentioned premium rate is for ₹ 10 Lakh Cancer Cover and ₹ 10 Lakh Heart Cover for a 30 year old healthy male for a policy term of 5 years. The total single premium amount will be ₹ 6,223. If you choose monthly mode, then the premium amount works out to ₹ 158.
2A discount of 5% on the first year’s premium will be offered on purchase of ICICI Pru Heart / Cancer Protect when life assured and his/ her spouse is covered under the same policy. The policy benefits of both the Lives Assured shall be independent of each other. The Sums Assured of both the lives could be different. A claim made by one Life Assured under the policy does not affect benefits of other Life Assured. This Family benefit has to be chosen at the inception of the policy only, spouse cannot be added once the policy is issued. This discount is not applicable on Single Pay Policy. With one policy, you can avail either Family Benefit or Loyalty Benefit.
3Existing customer discount of 5% on the first years premium is available only for policies with Regular Premium Payment Option, it is not applicable for Single pay policies. With one policy, you can avail either Family Benefit or Loyalty Benefit.
4A lump sum is paid out on diagnosis of any of the listed conditions. This payout is based on the level of the condition. In any case, the total payout in the policy cannot exceed 100% of the Sum Assured of the cover selected. Please refer to the sales brochure to know about the payouts at different level of condition.
5The Company shall waive all future premiums on a claim of Minor condition under the chosen cover; or on the diagnosis of Permanent Disability (PD)of the Life Assured due to an Accident. If both Cancer cover and Heart cover are chosen such waiver is allowed on a minor/major condition claim under either Cancer cover or Heart cover; or on the diagnosis of PD. This benefit is available only if the Policy is in force as on the date of diagnosis of the condition/at the time of accident. In case of Minor Conditions, the total payout will be capped at 100% of the Sum Assured.
6Under the Income Benefit, the Sum Assured has to be chosen at inception of the plan. An amount equal to 1% of the Sum Assured chosen at inception will be paid to the policyholder each month, for a period of 5 years upon a valid claim under any of the listed Major conditions. Where the Cancer cover and Heart cover are taken together, pay out under Income Benefit will be triggered for only that cover for which a claim of Major condition is registered and all Benefits through other cover remains unaffected.
*Tax benefits will apply to the premiums paid and benefits received as per the prevailing tax laws. Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Sec. 80D and provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods and Services Tax and Cesses, if any, will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above. ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect: UIN 105N154V01. W/II/0354/2019-20.