Death Claim is a formal request made by the nominee* in a life insurance policy to the life insurance company. This request is made for the payment** of the Life Cover amount in case of the unfortunate event of death of the Life Assured*.
Following are the list of documents you will require to raise a Death Claim:
List Documents for Death Claim
- Claimant's statement form - Download Form
- For Lender Borrower Group (only for Credit Life policies) - claimant's statement / claim intimation form - Download Form
- For Affinity / Employer-Employee Group - claimant's statement / claim intimation form - Download Form
- Original Policy Document
- Copy of death certificate issued by Local Municipal Authority
- Copy of claimant's photo identification proof and current address proof - List of Photo ID and Current Address Proof
- Cancelled cheque/ Copy of bank passbook
- Copy of medico legal cause of death certificate
- Medical records (admission notes, discharge/ death summary, indoor case papers, test reports, etc.)
- Prior medical records of insured/ Life assured
- Medical attendant's/ hospital certificate issued by doctor - Download Form
- Certificate from employer (for salaried individuals) - Download Form
In addition, below Documents required for Accidental/ Suicidal Death
- Post Mortem Report and chemical viscera report
- FIR/ Panchnama/ Inquest Report and final investigation report
- Copy of driving license if Life Assured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident (applicable if 'Accident and Disability Benefit Rider' is opted)
*A nominee is the person appointed by the Life Assured at the time of purchase for receiving the benefits of the life insurance policy in case of an unfortunate event. Life Assured is the person who is covered under a life insurance policy.
**The payment decision would be made post scrutiny of claim documents submitted by the nominee.