Documents for Death Claim
Death Claim is a formal request made by the nominee* in a life insurance policy to the life insurance company. This request is made for the payment** of the Life Cover amount in case of the unfortunate event of death of the Life Assured*.
Following are the list of documents you will require to raise a Death Claim:
- Claimant's statement / Claim intimation form - Download Form
- Copy of Death certificate issued by Local Municipal Authority
- Copy of Claimant's Photo Identification Proof & Current Address Proof - List of Photo ID and Current Address Proof
- Cancelled Cheque
Additional Documents for Non-Accidental Death
- Copy of Medico Legal Cause of Death Certificate
- Copy of Medical Records (Admission Notes, Discharge/ Death Summary, Test Reports etc.)
- Medical Attendant's/ Hospital Certificate to be filled by the treating doctor - Download Form
- Certificate from Employer (for salaried individuals) - Download Form
Additional Documents for Accidental Death
- Copy of FIR/ Panchnama/ Inquest Report & Post Mortem Report for accidental death & suicide cases
- Copy of Driving License if Life Assured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident (Applicable if 'Accident and Disability Benefit Rider' is opted)
*A nominee is the person appointed by the Life Assured at the time of purchase for receiving the benefits of the life insurance policy in case of an unfortunate event. Life Assured is the person who is covered under a life insurance policy.
**The payment decision would be made post scrutiny of claim documents submitted by the nominee.