We have a 3-step claim process:
Step 1: Claim Reporting
The first step involves reporting your claim. You can report your claims online, at our branches, central office, via SMS, e-mail or through our call centre as per your convenience. However, claims reported online, through SMS or e-mail will not be considered as intimation. Physical documents will be required to start the process.
Step 2: Claim Processing
Our special ClaimCare team will assess your claim, and inform you in case any further documents need to be submitted. Post receiving all the necessary documents, we will process your claim request.
Step 3: Claim Settlement
Once your claim is intimated and we receive all the relevant documents, we will settle your claim.
To report your claim you can:
- Visit the claims section of our website for online claim intimation
- Call us at our 24 x 7 ClaimCare number - 1860 266 7766^
- Visit your nearest ICICI Prudential Life Insurance branch
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS 'ICLAIM<space>Policy No' to 56767
Your claim will be formally registered only after receiving a written claim intimation at our branch/Claims Cell.
^For calls within India. Our overseas customers can call us on +91 22 6193 0777.
Once we receive a written intimation and all the required documents, we assess, settle and communicate the decision. We transfer most of our pay-outs through electronic modes, to speed up the claim settlement process.
|Turn Around Time as mandated by Insurance Regulation and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)||Death claims||Health claims|
|Raising Claim Requirements||Within 15 days of receipt of claim||Within 15 days of receipt of claim|
|Settlement or Rejection or Repudiation of claims wherein Investigation is not required||Within 30 days from the date of receipt of last necessary document||Within 30 days from the date of receipt of last necessary document|
|Settlement or Rejection or Repudiation of claims wherein Investigation is required||Investigation should be completed not later than 90 days from the date of receipt of claim intimation and the claim shall be settled within 30 days thereafter||Investigation should be completed not later than 30 days from the date of receipt of last necessary document and the claim shall be settled within 45 days from the date of receipt of last necessary document|
A claim is rejected if 'non-disclosure' or 'misstatement' of facts is discovered during an investigation. When a fact that affects the policy issuance decision is not disclosed in the proposal, it is termed as, 'non-disclosure'. Similarly, withholding information or providing incorrect information while answering questions in the proposal form^^ is termed as, 'misstatement'.
For example, when an applicant suffering from kidney failure does not inform the insurer about the same in the proposal form, it is termed as non-disclosure. Similarly, when an applicant overstates his or her income, then it is called a misstatement.
^^Proposal form is the document in which you provide all the relevant details while applying for an insurance policy.
Our Grievance Redressal Committee is chaired by an external member. You can communicate your concerns to this committee by sending a letter to the address given below:
We consider the cause, duration of the policy and circumstances of the claim while asking for the requirements. For example, for accidental death claim, specific documents such as post-mortem and police report are required. Whereas for death due to an illness, records from the hospital and test reports will be needed to process the claim.
*Claimant is the person who reports the claim.
We examine and settle claims on the basis of all records related to the claim. Once you report a claim, we request you to submit the required documents. The sooner the documents are submitted, the faster your claim will be processed. In case you need any clarification or assistance, you can contact our officials by calling us on 1860 266 7766* or visiting the nearest ICICI Prudential Life Insurance branch.
*For calls within India. Our overseas customers can call us on +91 22 6193 0777 (call charges as applicable)
To report a claim, you have to fill in the required details that are listed in the claim form. You can get this claim form and the list of required documents by:
You can submit your claim documents at:
- The nearest ICICI Prudential Life Insurance branch. Click here to locate a branch around you.
- Our Life claims cell / Health claims cell
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd,
1st Floor, C-wing, Office No. 115, 116, 117,
BSEL Tech Park, Opp. Vashi Station,
Sector 30, Vashi, Navi Mumbai- 400703.
The claim benefit can be received by:
- The nominee* or the guardian (in case of minor nominee), if you are the Life Assured
- The proposer, in case you are not the Life Assured^
- Assignee, in case the policy is assigned
- Life Assured, in case of living benefit claims such as, claims under disability, critical illness and major surgery rider.
* Nominee is the person you appoint at the time of purchase for receiving the benefits of your insurance policy in your absence.
^Life Assured is the person for whom the life/health insurance policy has been issued.
We honour claim payments through cheque or Electronic Clearance System (ECS)^ as per your convenience.
- A cheque is drawn on ICICI Bank
- It is sent to you at the address mentioned in the intimation form* or statement
- In non-serviceable areas, the cheque is sent to a local branch with an instruction to forward it to you
Electronic Clearing Service:
- You need to submit the ECS instructions along with a cancelled cheque
- The claim amount will be transferred directly to your bank account
^Electronic Clearance System or ECS is the mode to transfer your money electronically from one bank account to another. It can be used for debit and credit purposes.
*Claim intimation form is the document in which you provide all the relevant details required while reporting the claim.
A claim will be declined if it does not comply with:
- Declaration and Authorisation agreed at policy inception, as mentioned in the application form
- Terms and Conditions in the policy document
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited,
1st Floor, C wing, Office No. 115,116,117,
BSEL Tech Park, Opp. Vashi Station,
Sector 30 Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400706