It is that time of the year when the rush to save tax* begins. Searching for the right option can be a complicated and dull task, which most of us just want to get done with.
But did you know that investing in the right option can give you more than just tax saving? Life insurance is one such option that provides you with a life cover, helps you Save Tax* & Get More!
Tax benefits offered under the Income Tax Act, 1961:
Section 80C:You can get tax benefits up to 46,800/-* on Life insurance premiums paid u/s 80C of the Income Tax act 1961. This deduction u/s 80C* from taxable income can be claimed for an Individual or a HUF
- The returns earned by you from Life Insurance policies are tax-free subject to conditions of Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax act 1961.
Please refer the table below to view the details of plans eligible under Section 80C of the Income Tax act 1961 and section 10(10D) of the Income Tax act 1961.
- You can get tax benefits of up to 7,800/-* on health insurance premiums paid for Critical Illness benefit@ on ICICI Pru iProtect Smart - Life & Health option and All-in-one option u/s 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Please refer the table below to view the details of plans eligible under 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
You can get tax benefits on premium paid up to 1,50,000/- towards pension/retirement policies. However, if you surrender the plan, the pension/annuity received will be taxed as per the existing tax laws.
- 1/3rd of the payment that you receive under pension plan at the time of retirement is also tax free*. This is known as commutation.
Please refer the table below to view the details of plans eligible under Section 80CCC of the Income Tax Act 1961 and 10(10A) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
|Section 80CCC & Section10(10A)||ICICI Pru Easy Retirement||Retirement Plan||Yes - Buy now|
- Under this section , the overall limit of deduction from taxable income to get tax benefits under Sections 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD(1) of the Income Tax Act 1961 is
1,50,000/-. Section 80CCE of the Income Tax Act 1961 is not a separate deduction.
You can invest in different life insurance products to save tax* + get more. However, it is important to know under which slab your income falls.
Income tax slabs for Financial Year 2017-18
|Income Tax Slab||Individuals below the age of 60 years|
|Up to 2,50,000||Nil|
|2,50,001 to 5,00,000||5%|
|5,00,001 to 10,00,000||12,500 + 20% of income exceeding 5,00,000|
|Above 10,00,000||1,12,500 + 30% of total income exceeding 10,00,000|
|Income Tax Slab||Senior Citizens (aged 60 years but less than 80 years)|
|Up to 3,00,000||Nil|
|3,00,001 to 5,00,000||5%|
|5,00,001 to 10,00,000||10,000 + 20% of total income exceeding 5,00,000|
|Above 10,00,000||1,10,000 + 30% of total income exceeding 10,00,000|
|Income Tax Slab||Very Senior Citizens (aged 80 years and above)|
|Up to 5,00,000||Nil|
|5,00,001 to 10,00,000||20%|
|Above 10,00,000||1,00,000 + 30% of total income exceeding 10,00,000|
Surcharge: 10% of the Income Tax, where income is more than Rs.50 lacs but up to 1cr.
15% of the Income Tax, where income is more than Rs. 1cr.
Education Cess: 3% of the total of Income Tax and Surcharge
Above rates does not include Surcharge and Cess.
- No surcharge is applicable on income tax if income is up to 50 lakh.
- 10% surcharge is applicable on income tax if income is 50,00,001 to 1,00,00,000
- 15% surcharge is applicable on income tax if income is above 1 crore
- 2% Education cess and 1% Secondary and Higher Education Cess is applicable on the income tax and applicable surcharge.
Tax rates and slabs are same for Male and Female as per above table
For individuals earning income below 3.5 lakhs, tax rebate of up to 2,500 under section 87A is available
|Less: Medical Reimbursement||15,000||15,000||15,000|
|Less : Deduction u/s 80C||80,000||1,50,000||1,50,000|
|Less : HRA deduction as per section 10(13A)||92,000||1,00,000||1,50,000|
|Gross Taxable Income (GTI)||3,13,000||7,35,000||11,85,000|
|Tax computation on GTI|
|Up to 2,50,000||-||-||-|
|2,50,001 to 5,00,000||3,150||12,500||12,500|
|B||Less Rebate u/s 87A||2,500||-||-|
|C||2% Education & 1% Secondary & Higher Education Cess on (A-B)||19.5||1,785||5,040|
|Tax Payable (A-B+C)||670||61,285||1,73,040|
People like you also read ...
In unit linked plans, the investment risk in the investment portfolio is borne by the policyholder.
Please note: The tax write-up above is for general understanding and reference. You will have to verify the facts, law and content with the prevailing tax statutes and seek appropriate professional advice before acting on the basis of the above information. Tax laws are subject to amendments from time to time. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited expressly disclaims any liability to any person, if tax benefits stated above are denied to the customer.
Tax benefits of `46350/-* & `7725/- is calculated at the highest tax slab rate of 30.9% (including Cess and excluding surcharge) on life insurance premium paid of Rs. 1,50,000 u/s 80C of the Income Tax Act 1961 and health premium of Rs.25,000 paid u/s 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961 respectively. Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80C, 80D, 80CCC, 80CCE, 10(10A), 10(10D) and other provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods and Services Tax and Cesses, if any, will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. The tax laws are subject to amendments from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
@Critical Illness Benefit is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means the policy will continue with the Death Benefit reduced by the extent of the Critical Illness Benefit paid. To know more, please refer the product brochure.ICICI Pru iProtect Smart: UIN - 105N151V06.
Unlike traditional products, Unit linked insurance products are subject to market risk, which affect the Net Asset Values & the customer shall be responsible for his/her decision. The names of the Company, Product names or fund options do not indicate their quality or future guidance on returns. Funds do not offer guaranteed or assured returns.
* Tax benefit of ` 46,800 u/s 80C & `7,800 u/s 80D is calculated at highest tax slab rate of 31.2% (including Cess excluding surcharge) on life insurance premium u/s 80C of ` 1,50,000 and health premium u/s 80D of ` 25,000. Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80C, 80D, 10(10D), 115BAC and other provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods and Services Tax and Cesses, if any, will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above.
ICICI Pru Life Time Classic UIN 105L155V04
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect: UIN 105N154V03.