What are the benefits of term insurance?
Term insurance offers multiple benefits to customers. Here are a few you should be aware of:
- Affordable Premiums - You can get a high-value life cover from a term insurance plan by paying an affordable premium amount of ₹ 490 p.m*. Premium payments can be made either monthly/half-yearly/yearly. The earlier you buy a term insurance plan, the lower premium amount you have to pay.
- Whole Life Cover - Term insurance plans offer substantially longer coverage. Whole life insurance plans offer coverage till the age of 99 years.
- Payout of Sum Insured - In case of the unfortunate demise of the person insured, the family members will receive the sum assured as a payout. The policyholder can choose for this payout to be in the form of a lump sum, an income that is either monthly or annual, a combination of lump sum and income or an increasing income at the inception. This will help take care of financial needs and household expenses among other costs.
- Critical Illness Coverage - In case optional Critical Illness Coverage1 is included in your term insurance plan, you will get a lump-sum payout upon diagnosis of any critical illness that is covered in the plan.
- Accidental Death Benefit - You can add the Accidental Death Benefit benefit3 to your term insurance plan. This will offer protection against any mishaps in the future.
- Coverage for Terminal Illnesses -Term insurance plans can give you lump-sum payouts in case of diagnosis of terminal illnesses2 such as AIDS.
- Tax** Benefits -You can get tax** benefits on premiums paid under Section 80C along with premium paid towards critical illness benefit under Section 80D. The lump-sum amount received by nominees as the sum assured/death benefit is also exempted from taxes subject to Section 10 (10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961**.
Why choose term insurance plans?
Term insurance plans offer financial security for the entire family in case of the unfortunate death of the policy-holder. Also, you can get optional coverage for critical illnesses or accidental death. You are covered for a long duration, while the premiums are affordable.
The ICICI Pru iProtect Smart term insurance plan offers the regular benefits of a term insurance plan with extensive Critical Illness Coverage. Here are a few key features of the same:
- Longer coverage with the option to be covered until 99 years of age.
- Extensive coverage for 34 critical illnesses1 (optional).
- Receive payouts upon first diagnosis of any critical illness covered under the plan.
- Receive full payout of life coverage upon diagnosis of any terminal illness2.
- Pay lower premiums starting from ₹ 490 per month*.
- Choose from four payout options, namely Lump Sum, Lump Sum + Income, Increasing Income and Income.
You can also buy term insurance online under the MWP (Married Women’s Property) Act4, ensuring that your insurance amount is protected and handed over to your spouse and/ or children without being claimed wrongfully by creditors4.
People like you also read ...
* The given premium is applicable for a 18 year old healthy male life with monthly mode of payment and premiums paid regularly for the policy term of 18 years with income payout option with Life Cover of ₹ 1 crore. Goods and Services tax and/or applicable cesses (if any) as per applicable rates will be charged extra.
** Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80C, 80D, 10(10D),115BAC and other provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Good and Service tax and Cesses, if any will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above.
1 Critical Illness Benefit (CI Benefit) is optional and available under Life & Health and All in One options. This benefit is payable, on first occurrence of any of the 34 illnesses covered. Medical documents confirming diagnosis of critical illness needs to be submitted. The benefit is payable only on the fulfillment of the definition of the diagnosed critical illness. The CI Benefit, is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means the policy will continue with the Death Benefit reduced by the extent of the CI Benefit paid. The future premiums payable under the policy will reduce proportionately. If CI Benefit paid is equal to the Death Benefit, the policy will terminate on payment of the CI Benefit. To know more in detail about CI Benefit, terms & conditions governing it, kindly refer to sales brochure. CI Benefit term would be equal to policy term or 30 years or (75-Age at entry), whichever is lower.
2 A Life Assured shall be regarded as Terminally Ill only if that Life Assured is diagnosed as suffering from a condition which, in the opinion of two independent medical practitioners’ specializing in treatment of such illness, is highly likely to lead to death within 6 months. The terminal illness must be diagnosed and confirmed by medical practitioner registered with the Indian Medical Association and approved by the Company. The Company reserves the right for independent assessment.
3 Accidental Death benefit (ADB) is up to ₹2 Crores. ADB is available in Life Plus and All in One options. In case of death due to an accident Accidental Death Benefit will be paid out in addition to Death Benefit. Accidental Death Benefit will be equal to the policy term or (80-Age at entry), whichever is lower.
4 Nothing herein contained shall operate to destroy or impede the right of any creditor to be paid out of the proceeds of any policy of assurance, which may have been effected with intent to defraud creditors. In case of any third party claim in the Courts of India with regards the insurance proceeds, the amount shall be subject to the judiciary directions. Please seek professional legal advice for the applicability of this provision.
UIN: 105N151V04. Advt No.: W/II/0443/2019-20