What is the current healthcare scenario in India?
How to make healthcare accessible to all without compromising financial security?
What are the benefits of health insurance?
- Cashless hospitalization: Most insurance providers have tie-ups with major hospitals across the country, and if you avail of medical care at any of those hospitals, your treatment will be cashless.
- Added benefits: Some health insurance providers cover the costs of transportation via ambulance, expenses incurred for up to 30 days before or 60 days after hospitalization, maternity expenses, and even alternative therapy costs under your health plan.
- No claims bonus: If you do not place any claims in a year, at the time of renewal of the policy, you can be awarded a bonus. For example, a percentage of the sum insured may get added to your annual sum insured during renewal.
- Medical check-ups: You can regularly monitor your health with free health check-ups provided by some companies at designated healthcare centers. Thus, your policy helps not only in a cure but in prevention as well.
- Family health protection: Not just you but also immediate family members dependent on you like your children, spouse, parents, and siblings can have a health policy. You can take proper care of the health of your loved ones with the right health insurance plans.
- Tax savings: As per the Income Tax Act, 1961, you can get tax deductions* for the premium you pay for your health insurance plan under Section 80D.
- Financial security: With a good health insurance plan, you can stay assured of prompt financial help in times of your need. You are always ready to pay for medical expenses, without having to draw in your savings, which helps you stay financially secure for the future.
- Benefits of fixed health insurance plans: With such plans, you receive the money upon diagnosis without having to submit any hospital bills. Moreover, the money is paid to you without being subject to any sub-limits on expenses such as room rent, hospitalization charges, etc.
What are the eligibility criteria for obtaining health insurance in India?
What are the documents required to get health insurance?
- Age proof
- Pan Card
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Passport size photograph
People like you also read...
*Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80D and other provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods and Services Tax and Cesses, if any, will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above.