- Premium Waiver Benefit: As a parent, you would not want to leave your family behind with any financial burden, after your demise. We ensure the same, with this plan. Also, all the future premiums are waived off in case of your death, provided all due premiums have been paid. ICICI Prudential Life will continue to allocate units as if the premiums are being paid. Your child can get that money on maturity, which will be a boon at the time of his or her higher studies and marriage.
- Financial Protection: You always wish to rely on an investment\ that can provide you and your family sound financial protection. This plan gives you that sense of security. Your child gets a lump sum amount, at the time of your death (life cover). So, when you are not around, when you are not around, the child’s education does not get affected.
- Control of Investment: You have a complete flexibility on your investment to decide the allocation of your premium. Choose from equity, debt, or balanced funds - to build a strong investment plan. It also gives you the freedom to switch between the available funds, tax-free*.
- Emergency Withdrawal: There can be an emergency case where you may need funds immediately. The child education plan from ICICI Prudential can take cares of that by allowing you to withdraw up to 20%** of the fund value on completion of 5 policy years.
- Loyalty Additions: This child education plan reaps you the benefit of staying invested in the plan. It rewards you with Loyalty Additions^ and Wealth Boosters^ to boost your savings.
- Tax Benefit: Enjoy tax* benefits on the premiums you pay under section 80C and on maturity subject to section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Why is a child education plan important?
By investing in a savings plan for the child, parents can deal with costly education fees and inflation in prices, or any uncertain event. More importantly, your child will be financially protected at any point of time during his or her education.
It is essential to choose the right child education plan as it gradually develops into a support system for fulfilling your child’s future needs. He or she will continue to be under a security blanket in the present, and even in your absence. After all, a secured future is one of the greatest blessings you can give to your child!
** Withdrawals are permitted provided monies are not in the DP fund.
^ Loyalty Additions are applicable from the 6th policy year onwards. This is in the form of extra units at the end of every policy year. Each Loyalty Addition will be equal to 0.25% of the average of the Fund Values on the last business day of the last eight policy quarters. You get an additional Loyalty Addition of 0.25% every year from the end of year 6 if all premiums for that year have been paid. Wealth Boosters will be allocated as extra units at the end of every 5th policy year starting from the end of the 10th policy year. Each Wealth Booster will be 3.25% for Regular Pay policies and 1.5% for Single Pay policies of the average of the Fund Values on the last business day of the last eight policy quarters.
Unlike traditional products, Unit linked insurance products are subject to market risk, which affect the Net Asset Values and the customer shall be responsible for his/her decision. The names of the Company, Product names or fund options do not indicate their quality or future guidance on returns. Funds do not offer guaranteed or assured returns.
*Tax benefits of Rs. 46,800 u/s 80C is calculated at highest tax slab rate of 31.20%(including cess excluding surcharge) on life insurance premium u/s 80C of Rs. 1,50,000. Tax benefits are subject to conditions under Section 80C,10(10D), 115BAC and other provisions of the Income Tax Act,1961. Good and Service tax and Cesses, if any will be charged extra as per prevailing rates. Tax laws are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time. Please consult your tax advisor for details, before acting on above.
ICICI Pru Smart Life UIN: 105L145V05
|Points To Remember about Child Education Plan|
|Life Cover + Premium Waiver Benefit|
|Invest in Equity, Debt and Balanced Funds|
|Get Loyalty Additions and Wealth Boosters|
|Tax* Benefit up to `46,800 on the Premium Paid|
People like you also read ...