FAQs – Riders
A Rider is an extra benefit that can be purchased along with your policy to increase your cover. The Accident and Disability Benefit Rider covers unfortunate events like accidental death and disability, thereby increasing the risks covered under your policy.
This Rider can be purchased along with our Unit Linked plans. Some additional details about our Accident and Disability Rider are:
1. This Rider can be selected to provide additional benefits to your nominee in case of an unfortunate event.
2. In the unfortunate event of death due to an accident, the Rider Sum Assured will be paid to your nominee*.
*Nominee is the person you appoint at the time of purchase for receiving the benefits of your insurance policy in your absence.
- The policy must be in force on the date of accident
- Death occurs within 180 days of the occurrence of the accident.
- The benefit is available only for the policyholders that are under 65 years of age.
- Benefits equal to the Sum Assured of the base policy, subject to a maximum of `50 lakh will be payable in case of claim.
For complete details, please refer the product brochure.
Typically, under which circumstances would an Accidental Death Rider claim be rejected by the company?
Accidental death claims are rejected if death of the Life Assured occurs,
- After 180 days from the occurrence of the accident
- Due to suicide or self-inflicted injuries
- Due to engaging in aerial flights (including parachuting and skydiving)
- While acting with criminal intent or committing any breach of law
- Due to war, whether declared or not
- Due to civil commotion
- Due to engaging in hazardous sports or hobbies