GST Portal Login - Guide on How to login to Government GST Portal India
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) replaced most of the multiple indirect taxes and made the taxation system taxpayer-friendly. The GST Portal is the government’s online platform which enables taxpayers to conduct various GST-based activities.
From GST registration to filing of returns, you can complete the entire process online via the GST Portal. This technological support allows you to avoid queuing up at local tax offices to pay taxes, view credit ledgers or claim tax refunds. You can also cancel your GST registration through this website.
The platform also allows you to carry out all communications about your GST compliance. You can track your registration and tax submission status. Moreover, you can receive intimation on and respond to government notices.
The first step to avail such facilities is to log in to the government’s official GST Portal. Here’s a review on the services you can access, along with the login procedure for first-time as well as existing GST payers.
Services Provided on the GST Portal
The various facilities that can be accessed through the GST Portal include:
- Application for GST registration
- Making online GST payment and tracking payment status
- Filing of GST Returns including Reconciliation Statement (GSTR-9C)
- Claiming refunds for excess GST paid
- Locating and engaging a GST practitioner
- Joining the Composition Scheme
- Selecting the option to drop out of the Composition Scheme
- Filing for Export Refund
- Viewing E-Cash, E-Liability, and E-Credit Ledgers
- Downloading Transition Forms
- Submitting Letter of Undertaking
- Intimating stock
- Receiving invoice-wise details of input tax credit
- Cancelling GST registration
- Accessing the E-Way Bill portal
- Browsing through government notices received
- Submitting GST-related grievances
How to register on GST Portal?
If your business generates a turnover that exceeds ₹40 lakhs for sale of goods, you have to register under GST. You can register on the government’s web portal. Visit www.gst.gov.in, in the “Services” tab you will find “New Registration” tab wherein you have to follow simple steps to get yourself registered.
Once the GST department verifies and approves your application, you will receive your GST Identification Number (GSTIN). You will also get a GST Portal login username (your GSTIN) and a temporary password.
How to Login to the GST Portal?
For first-time users, the GST Portal login steps are as follows:
- Go to the “Login” page
- Choose the “First-time login” option
- Input your provisional GST Portal login username and password and click “Login”
- Enter a new username and password that you want to use in the future
- Submit the form
You will go back to the Login page. Now you can log in with the username and password you created.
For existing users, the GST Portal login steps are as follows:
- Visit gst.gov.in
- Select the “Login” button located at the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Enter your username and password.
- Fill in the CAPTCHA code
- Click on “Login” again
You can access your dashboard after you login successfully and perform all GST-related tasks here.
People like you also read...