When you purchase any financial product from any of the financial institutions regulated by RBI, SEBI, IRDAI or PFRDA, these financial institutions will register your KYC details with the Central Registry of Securitisation and Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India (CERSAI).
You need to submit the following documents:
- CKYC application form*
- Identity and Address Proof (the passport, the driving licence, proof of possession of Aadhaar number, the Voter's Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India, job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government, the letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address or any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator)
- One recent passport size photograph
Upon successful registration, you will be provided with a 14 digit KYC Identifier Number (KIN). An SMS/email will be sent by CERSAI to your registered mobile number once the KIN is generated.
You can check your CKYC number and status online by visiting the web portal of the financial institutions providing a CKYC check facility. You are required to complete the following steps:
- Visit the web portal (www.karvykra.com or www.cvlkra.com). Currently only Karvy and Central Depository Services Limited provide for the CKYC Check Facility.
- Enter your PAN
- Enter the security/CAPTCHA code
- Your CKYC status along with details will be displayed
Additionally, customers may approach the financial institutions where they provided their CKYC documents to obtain the number.