How to choose the best health insurance plan?
- The type of health coverage required: From family floater plans that cover all family members together to individual plans, go for a health insurance policy that suits your personal needs.
- Coverage amount: Go for health insurance plans offering you the desired coverage amount, depending on where you live, i.e. in a metro city, Tier-2 or Tier-3 city.
- Sub-Limits: Always scrutinize your health insurance plan for sub-limits in terms of room rent cap and other such limits. In such cases, no matter what the entire sum insured stands at, if limits on particular overheads are exceeded, then you will have to pay the remainder from your own pocket.
- Pre-existing ailments: Make sure all pre-existing ailments are disclosed if any and also check the coverage for the same. Health insurance policies also have waiting periods before claims can be made for pre-existing ailments.
- Co-Payment: Co-payment is when the policyholder pays a predetermined amount out of his own pocket for specific covered services. This feature may sometimes be integrated into health insurance for senior citizens. The rates of premiums are higher for senior age groups and as a result, co-payment enables a lower premium.
- Premium Amount: You can also compare premiums for multiple health insurance plans and choose accordingly. It is recommended that you do not compromise on coverage amounts simply to keep the premium low.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: The claim settlement ratio is a critical factor that must be considered while choosing an insurance plan. This ratio indicates the percentage of individual claims settled over the total number of claims received by the insurer for a specific financial year.
Fixed Benefit Health Insurance Plans
Fixed benefit health insurance plans help you arrange for the costs of medical treatment in case of diagnosis of critical and major diseases without having to dip into your own savings. There are several fixed benefit insurance plans that you can take a look at.
Here are some of the major advantages to keep in mind regarding fixed benefit health insurance plans:
- Under a fixed benefit health insurance plan, the policyholder stands to receive a fixed/guaranteed amount which is equivalent to the sum assured.
- This sum is paid out in case of the occurrence of an insured event under the terms of the policy.
- The major benefit is that the policyholder gets this lump sum amount upon diagnosis of any major ailment that is covered in the plan.
- No hospital bills are required to be submitted to the insurance company in this regard.
- The claim is paid out upon diagnosis1 irrespective of the actual cost of treatment.
- The category covers multiple kinds of insurance plans, including critical illness insurance, cancer/heart disease plans and more.
|ICICI Prulife Heart/Cancer Protect|
|Coverage against heart ailment and Cancer.|
|Claim amount paid out upon first diagnosis of any of the listed minor/ major condition irrespective of actual costs of medical treatment.|
|High coverage amount for comparatively lower premium, i.e. ₹ 20 lakhs coverage at ₹ 387 per month1.|
|5% discount on first year premium when you buy health cover for yourself and spouse2.|
|Waiver of premium in case of minor claim or on diagnosis of permanent disability due to accident.|
|A 10% increase in sum assured if it is a no claim policy year.|
|1% of sum assured paid out as additional income for five years after a major condition. This is over and above the lump sum payable.|
|25% of lump sum payout in case of minor condition diagnosis and 100% payout in case of major condition diagnosis post deduction of any previous payouts on minor claims if applicable.|
|Life And Health Option With ICICI Pru IProtect Smart|
|Coverage against 34 critical illness## with life cover.|
|Payout upon first diagnosis of any critical illness covered under policy.|
|Longer coverage of up to 30 years is offered.|
|Special premium rates for women and coverage for female organ cancers such as cervical and breast cancer.|
|Premium waiver in case of permanent disability3 due to an accident.|
|Lump sum payout of critical illness benefit without needing any hospital bills.|
|Premium remains fixed for whole tenor of the policy term.|