When it comes to the future of your children, it is important to start preparing from the very beginning. Every parent’s constant endeavour is to safeguard their child’s life and this can be done with the right child plan. A child plan lets you save and grow money in a simple and systematic way so that you can financially secure your little one’s life and dreams.
Here are some things to note while planning for your child’s future and purchasing a child plan.
- Start early: Experts suggest that you should start planning your child’s future from the early months of their lives. You can start saving for them in a child plan from the day they are 90 days old*. The sooner you start, the more time you have on hand to build significant funds that can support their dreams and goals at a later time
- Evaluate your child’s future needs and your risk appetite: While selecting a child plan, it is important to keep in mind the key milestones of your child’s life, such as high school education, college admission, post-graduation, etc. Accordingly, you can select your investment portfolio basis your risk appetite and the returns that will be required for your child’s goals
- Choose a plan with additional benefits: Opt for a plan that provides additional benefits like wealth boosters and loyalty benefits that can help you grow an additional amount of money without having to make any extra investments
- Check for a plan with the flexibility to withdraw in case of an emergency: Choosing a plan that allows you the flexibility to withdraw money as per your child’s needs ensures that you have easy access to a part of your money while the rest of your invested money keeps growing
- Opt for a plan with a premium waiver benefit: While you continue to pay the premiums after purchasing a child plan, you should also ensure that your little one stays financially secured, even in case of an unfortunate event. Opting for a premium waiver benefit ensures that all future premiums are waived off with no impact on the life cover4. The plan continues as it is, and your child stays financially protected
Since every child is different, their needs are bound to be different too. Therefore, it is essential for you to pick a flexible plan that accommodates all of their requirements. Adding the right riders and picking a sum assured that is as relevant many years in the future as it is today is imperative.
The ICICI Pru SmartKid Solution1 is a comprehensive ULIP that can offer your child financial stability and protection2 with a life cover4, and financial support to fulfil all dreams. It allows you to invest your money in equity and debt funds as per your risk appetite and create wealth that can benefit your child when they need it. You can invest small sums regularly without having to bear the burden of a lump sum investment. Thus, when your child is ready, a large amount3 is also ready to fund any goal your child may have. Invest today in the right financial plan to fulfil the dreams of your child.
People like you also read...
* Investing in a child plan from the day your child is 90 days old: https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/banking-finance/child-birth-how-to-plan-a-secure-financial-future-for-the-kid/356037/
1 Unit Linked products are different from traditional insurance products and are subject to the risk factors.
The premium paid in ULIPs are subject to investment risks associated with capital markets and the NAVs of the units may go up or down based on the performance of the funds and factors influencing the capital market and the insured is responsible for his/her decisions. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance is only the name of the Life Insurance Company and Smart Kid Solution is only the name of the unit linked insurance contract and does not in any way indicate the quality of the contract, its future prospects and returns.
Please know the associated risks and the applicable charges, from your Insurance agent or the Intermediary or policy document issued by the Insurance company.
The various funds offered under this contract are the names of the funds and do not in any way indicate the quality of these plans, their future prospects and returns.
2 Sum Assured is the fixed minimum amount your family receives in your absence.
3 Fund Value is the total value of your money that is invested in the equity and debt fund of your choice.
4 Life Cover is the benefit payable on the death of the life assured during the policy term.
ICICI Pru Smart Life (unit-linked non-participating individual life insurance plan) - UIN: 105L145V08.