Buy Life Insurance Policy Online - FAQs
Buying a life insurance policy is really simple when you buy it online. The complete buying process is completed in just 10 minutes. Just follow these simple steps:
Step1: Select a plan you want to buy. Details of our plans which can be bought online are mentioned below:
|Term Life Insurance||ICICI Pru iProtect Smart||Check Premium||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru Signature||Check Returns||Know More|
|Retirement Plan||ICICI Pru Immediate Annuity||Check Returns||Know More|
|Endowment Policy||ICICI Pru Future Perfect||Check Returns||Know More|
|Retirement Plan (ULIP)||ICICI Pru Easy Retirement||Check Returns||Know More|
|Health Insurance||ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect||Check Premium||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru LifeTime Classic||Check Returns||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru SmartLife||Check Returns||Know More|
|Money Back Policy||ICICI Pru Cash Advantage||Check Returns||Know More|
|Endowment Policy||ICICI Pru Savings Suraksha||Check Returns||Know More|
Step2: Once you have selected a plan – click on Buy Now to calculate your premium.
Step3: Complete the application form by answering some simple questions about your personal & professional life and health details.
Step4: Review the form and make payment.
Frequently asked questions about the application form
Kindly enter income as per the details appearing in the income proof you will submit. For eg: If your annual salary is `7 lacs and you have received `1 lac bonus then please enter `8 lac if the bonus amount is mentioned in your income proof or enter `7 lacs if not.
Tip: Form 16 and Salary slips are the most commonly used income proofs.
Following KYC documents are required:
- PAN/Form 60 (mandatory)
- Officially valid document (any one from the list mentioned below)
- One recent photograph
List of Officially Valid Documents:
- Driving License
- Voter's Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India
- Job Card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- Letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address or any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator
- Proof of possession of Aadhaar (to be taken in masked/redacted form/black out version to be taken from clients
If you are our existing customer, all the previous information is pre-filled except the health questions, education, occupational details & few other details.
If you have an account with ICICI bank, on the basis of your bank account number most of the questions of your form would be pre filled.
Once you have successfully paid the premium, you will be redirected to a page to download the application form. We will also send a payment confirmation email to you with application form attached.
You can also click here and log in to download your application form from “download document” section.
The proposal will be accepted subject to following:
- All KYC documents are submitted & verified by ICICI Prudential.
- Medical Tests, if any, are completed by the customer.
- Any other requirement, post verification of documents & medical reports, if any, to be fulfilled by customer.
- Realization of complete payment amount.
Our process of medical examination is very simple. Immediately after the making payment, basis your pin code you will be eligible either for home visit or for center visit.
Home visit: If you have selected this option, you can choose the date and time of examination as per your convenience.
Medical center visit: If home visit option is not available for your location or in case of tests which require medical center visit like X ray, TMT (Treadmill test) etc. You can choose the date, time & center of examination as per your convenience.
- Tip: Cost of medical exam would be borne by the company.
- Tip: 12 hours fasting is required for blood samples.
- Tip: You can also get your medical test report at a request.
Eg: If you have a medical appointment scheduled the next day (Saturday) at 9:00 am, please have your last meal latest by 9 PM on previous day (Friday).
- Tip: If you have missed out medical appointment, you can reschedule it for a later date using the following link: https://buy.iciciprulife.com/buy/apptrackerhome.htm
Policy Issuance usually takes 7 days post medical test and successful submission of all documents.
In case of non-policy issuance due to in eligibility, following offer would be made to you:
- Revised premium
- Count Offer: Revised life cover
- Postpone: Eligible to buy policy after 6 months
- Decline: Policy cannot be given
In case, policy issuance is taking time, you can track the status of your policy through our following link https://buy.iciciprulife.com/buy/apptrackerhome.htm
In case your policy request is declined, payment will be reversed to you in 7 working days.
In order to cancel your application even before the policy is issued, you can simply write us an email to Buyonline@iciciprulife.com.
Please note that if the policy is in proposal stage for 45 days after payment- cancellation is triggered from our side. An email stating the same is sent to the customer.