Buy Life Insurance Policy Online - FAQs
Buying a life insurance policy is very simple when you purchase it online. The complete buying process is completed in just 10 minutes. Just follow the simple steps mentioned as follows:
Step1: Select a plan you want to buy. Details of our plans which can be bought online are mentioned below:
|Term Life Insurance||ICICI Pru iProtect Smart||Check Premium||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru Signature||Check Returns||Know More|
|Retirement Plan||ICICI Pru Immediate Annuity||Check Returns||Know More|
|Endowment Policy||ICICI Pru Future Perfect||Check Returns||Know More|
|Retirement Plan (ULIP)||ICICI Pru Easy Retirement||Check Returns||Know More|
|Health Insurance||ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect||Check Premium||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru LifeTime Classic||Check Returns||Know More|
|ULIP||ICICI Pru SmartLife||Check Returns||Know More|
|Money Back Policy||ICICI Pru Cash Advantage||Check Returns||Know More|
|Endowment Policy||ICICI Pru Savings Suraksha||Check Returns||Know More|
Step2: Once you have selected a plan – click on Buy Now to calculate your premium.
Step3: Complete the application form by answering some simple questions about your personal and professional life and health details.
Step4: Review the form and make payment.
Frequently asked questions about the application form
Kindly enter income as per the details appearing in the income proof you will submit. For example: If your annual salary is `7 lakhs and you have received `1 lakh bonus, then please enter `8 lakhs if the bonus amount is mentioned in your income proof or enter `7 lakhs if not.
Tip: Form 16 and Salary slips are the most commonly used income proofs.
The following KYC documents are required:
- PAN/Form 60 (mandatory)
- Officially valid document (any one from the list mentioned below)
- One recent photograph
List of officially valid documents:
- Driving License
- Voter's Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India
- Job Card issued by National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005 (NREGA) duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- Letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name, address or any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator
- Proof of possession of Aadhaar (to be taken in masked/redacted form/black out version to be taken from clients
If you are our existing customer, all the previous information is pre-filled except the health questions, education, occupational details and few other details.
If you have an account with ICICI bank, based on your bank account number most of the questions of your form would be pre filled.
Once you have successfully paid the premium, you will be redirected to a page to download the application form. We will also send a payment confirmation email to you with the application form attached.
You can also click here and log in to download your application form from the “download document” section.
The proposal will be accepted subject to the following:
- All KYC documents are submitted and verified by ICICI Prudential.
- Medical tests, if any, are completed by the customer.
- Any other requirement, post verification of documents and medical reports, if any, to be fulfilled by the customer.
- Realisation of the complete payment amount.
Our process of medical examination is very simple. Immediately after making the payment, based on your pin code you will be eligible either for a home visit or for a centre visit.
Home visit: If you have selected this option, you can choose the date and time of examination as per your convenience.
Medical centre visit: If home visit option is not available for your location or in case of tests which require medical centre visit like X-ray, TMT (Treadmill test), and more. You can choose the date, time and centre of examination as per your convenience.
- Tip: The company would bear the cost of the medical exam.
- Tip: 12 hours of fasting is required for blood samples.
- Tip: You can also get your medical test report at a request.
Example: If you have a medical appointment scheduled the next day (Saturday) at 9am, please have your last meal latest by 9pm the previous day (Friday).
- Tip: If you miss the medical appointment, you can reschedule it for a later date using the following link: https://buy.iciciprulife.com/buy/apptrackerhome.htm
Policy issuance usually takes 7 days post the medical test and successful submission of all documents.
In the case of non-policy issuance due to in eligibility, the following offer would be made to you:
- Revised premium
- Count Offer: Revised life cover
- Postpone: Eligible to buy at policy after 6 months
- Decline: Policy cannot be given
In case, the policy issuance is taking time, you can track the status of your policy through our following link https://buy.iciciprulife.com/buy/apptrackerhome.htm
In case your policy request is declined, payment will be reversed to you in 7 working days.
To cancel your application even before the policy is issued, you can email us at Buyonline@iciciprulife.com.
Please note that if the policy is in the proposal stage for 45 days after payment- cancellation is triggered from our side. An email stating the same is sent to the customer.