Premium Related FAQs
You can pay your policy premiums through any of the convenient options mentioned below:
- Online: Click here to pay your premium through net banking, UPI, debit card, credit card & e-wallets.
- Cheque: You can drop your policy premium cheque at any ICICI Prudential branches and a few banks. Click here for the list of banks where cheque payments are accepted. Click here for the list of drop boxes.
- Cash: You can pay policy premiums in cash up to ` 49,999/- at any of our authorised collection centres. Click here for the list.
You can automatically pay your future premiums with your credit/debit card using the auto-pay facility. To set or modify auto-pay on your credit/debit card click here.
Watch a video to know about how you can pay premium easily:
To view or download your premium receipt, click here and enter your policy number and date of birth.
You can also get your premium receipt through any of these options:
- Online Account: Log in to your online account and follow these steps:
- 1. Once you log in, click on the 'Statements' tab
- 2. Under the 'Statements' tab, click on 'Premium Receipt’ and select your policy number.
- Call Us: You can call us on 1860 266 7766 (Help us to serve you better by calling us from your registered mobile number)from Monday to Saturday, between 10:00 am to 7:00 pm and we will accept your request on-call after verifying your policy details. NRI customers can call us on
+91 80693 85555
- Our Branches: You can request for your premium paid certificate at any of our branches. To locate the nearest branch, click here.
- You can "Click here" to Write to us.
To view or download your tax/premium paid certificate, click here and enter your policy number and date of birth.
You can also get your tax/premium paid certificate through any of these options:
- Online Account: Login to your online account and follow these steps:
- 1. Once you log in, click on the 'Statements' tab.
- 2. Under the 'Statements' tab, click on the 'Tax/Premium Paid Certificate’ and select your policy number.
- Call Us: You can call us on 1860 266 7766 (Help us to serve you better by calling us from your registered mobile number) from Monday to Saturday, between 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, and we will accept your request on-call after verifying your policy details. NRI customers can call us on
- Our Branches: You can request for your tax/premium paid certificate at any of our branches. To locate the nearest branch, click here.
- You can "Click here" to Write to us.
Auto Debit ensures your premium is paid on time, every time. It ensures that you never miss a premium payment and your policy benefits continue, uninterrupted. It’s a paperless and hassle-free service that ensures that you don’t have to set a reminder for premium payments again.
There are several different ways in which you can set up an automated debit facility. These include Auto Debit via credit card/debit card or Net Banking or UPI.
You can register for auto debit in 3 simple steps:
- Visit the ‘Customer Services’ page on www.icicipulife.com
- Click on auto debit, login to your account
- Select your policy/policies, choose your preferred mode of Standing instruction and click pay
Watch the below video for any help on how to set auto debit:
Click here - Netbanking Auto Debit set-up video
Click here - Cards Auto Debit set-up video
Click here - UPI Auto Debit set-up video
- How do I make an insurance premium payment online?
Below are the steps to make your insurance premium payment online:
Step 1 – Visit the online premium payment page on our website
Step 2 – Enter your policy number, registered mobile number or your email id and your date of birth
Step 3 – Make the payment through a debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, or mobile wallet
Step 4 – Download your premium payment receipt and keep it for future reference
- Can I divide my payment into multiple instalments?
With ICICI Prudential Life, you have the flexibility to pay your premiums yearly, half-yearly, monthly or quarterly depending on your plan. You can choose the premium frequency option that suits you while buying the policy.
- How will I get to know that my payment has been received by ICICI Prudential Life?
Once you make your online insurance premium payment, a receipt for your payment will be generated. You can download this receipt and keep it with you as proof that you have paid the premium amount. You will also receive a text message on your registered mobile number and email ID, confirming payment of the policy premium. In case of any doubts or complaints, you can contact the customer care number 1860 266 7766 from Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- How do I get a copy of my premium receipt online?
On successful payment, the premium payment receipt will be sent to your registered email ID. You can also download your premium payment receipt online by following the steps below:
Step 1 – Visit the “View/Download Premium Receipt” page on our website
Step 2 – Enter your policy number or your registered mobile number and date of birth
Step 3 – Click on “Proceed” to view and download your premium receipts Alternately, you can log into your account on our website and click on the “View/Download Premium Receipt”
option under the “Statements” tab to view your premium receipts online.
Please note that it may take 1-2 days to generate the premium receipt online
- How do I get a copy of my tax/premium payment certificate online?
Below are the steps to view and download a copy of your tax/premium payment certificate online:
Step 1 – Visit the “View/Download Tax/Premium Paid certificate” page on our website
Step 2 – Enter your policy number or your registered mobile number and your date of birth
Step 3 – Click on “Proceed” to view and download your tax/premium paid certificate
You can also log into your account on our website and click on the “Tax/Premium Paid Certificate” option under the “Statements” tab to download your tax/premium payment certificate online.
- What is a Policy Insurance refund?
An insurance refund occurs when the insurance company returns a portion of the premiums paid by the policyholder under specific circumstances, such as policy cancellation, excess premium payment, or policy adjustment, due to change in life cover, premium amount and so on. If you have accidentally overpaid your insurance premium or made a double payment, you will be eligible for a refund of the excess amount. If you have a monthly premium payment frequency, then the premium may get adjusted towards payment of your next premium. In case of annual payment mode, it will be refunded within 40 days.
- What is the process for getting a refund of the premium amount which has been paid twice or when excess premium has been paid?
If your policy is still in premium payment stage and is on monthly, quarterly or half-yearly payment frequency, excess premium paid will get adjusted with the next premium instalment (only if the next premium is due in the current financial year). In case you have an auto-debit set-up for payment, the premium will not get deducted from your account in the following month for the said amount. If you pay premiums on a yearly payment frequency, the amount will be refunded automatically in the same account through which the payment was made within 40 days.
- What is the process to get a refund for a policy which has not been revived?
For policy revival, the policy holder is required to pay an additional premium and complete requirements such as submission of health declaration, completion of medical tests or any additional documents that may be required to reinstate the policy. If the requirements are not completed by the policy holder within 90 days of the date on which the last payment was received then the premium paid will automatically get refunded to the same bank account/card account from which payment was received.
- How do I request for an immediate premium refund?
You can request for an immediate premium refund with the following documents:
- Written request or email requesting for a refund of premium paid
- Copy of cancelled cheque (with name pre-printed) or last 3 months updated Bank Statement/passbook of bank account in which you wish to receive your payout
Please carry copy of valid photo identify proof, if visiting the branch. (Any 1 Passport, Aadhar with the 8 digits masked), Driving License, Voter ID card, Job card issued by NREGA)
Documents can be submitted through the following options:
- Email- Email to email@example.com from your registered email id
- Visit a branch- Submit the documents at the nearest ICICI Prudential Life branch. Click here to locate the nearest branch
Refund will be processed within 15 days of receiving all the documents. For any assistance, please call 1860 266 7766
- NRI customers wanting payment in an NRE account will have to submit the Proof of premium payment made from the NRE bank account (bank statement of NRE bank account)
- Name pre-printed on cancelled cheque of bank account should match with the name of the policy holder mentioned in the Policy document.